The forum is in read only mode.

HD space required

• Jerry
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #620 by Jerry
HD space required was created by Jerry
How much hard disc space does the latest version of CAELinux require?

I have downloaded and burnt the DVD and the software works perfectly. I now want to install it to a hard disc and wondered how much room I need. The PCLinuxOS suggests a 5GB partition (2.5 essential) and 2 x memory as swap space. With all the extra software in the CAELinux release, I assume I will need a larger partition.
More
17 years 8 months ago #631 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:HD space required
I would suggest a minimum of 10Gb to use CAELinux beta 2 efficiently. The uncompressed size of the distro is around 6Gb... and for sure, a 1Gb swap partition is also a must have!

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com
  • Jerry
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #635 by Jerry
Replied by Jerry on topic Re:HD space required
Thank you. I am getting a new 80GB hard disc, so I can leave plenty of room; I will probably partition 20GB for the installation, just in case I add anything later. I have 1GB RAM, so I guess a 2GB swap would be a good idea for now, and if I upgrade to 2GB RAM soon, I could use a 4GB swap? The rest I will probably partition as the /home partition for user data.

Does this eem like a good way of partitioning the disc - Delivery of new Hard disc tomorrow and I can't wait to get CAELinux on it!
More
15 years 2 months ago #2681 by Boloni
Replied by Boloni on topic Re:HD space required
I profit from this thread not to open a new one.

CAELINUX takes too much space on my hard drive. I made an ASTER computation and the files generated are in the range of 4 Mb, but suddenly the CAELINUX directory gained almost 2 Gb.
How can I limit this space ?

Thanks in advance for your answers !<br /><br />Post edited by: Boloni, at: 2009/03/13 19:48
More
15 years 2 months ago #2683 by Alessandro
Replied by Alessandro on topic Re:HD space required
Boloni wrote:

CAELINUX takes too much space on my hard drive. I made an ASTER computation and the files generated are in the range of 4 Mb, but suddenly the CAELINUX directory gained almost 2 Gb.
How can I limit this space ?

[/quote]

you have to clean two directories periodically:

/tmp
/home/your:user/flasheur

Regards.
More
15 years 2 months ago #2694 by Boloni
Replied by Boloni on topic Re:HD space required
Thanks Alessandro it seems to work.
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds