How to install discretizer?

• Matthew Bondy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 8 months ago #5669 by Matthew Bondy
How to install discretizer? was created by Matthew Bondy
I have been trying to install discretizer on a clean Ubuntu 8.04 installation. It works to some degree but does not have the full functionality of the installation in CAElinux. Specifically, the problem seems to be the coupling between discretizer and openfoam.

There is a script to launch discretizer. In CAELinux these lines have been added:
. /opt/.bashrc-CAE
. /opt/.bashrc-OpenFOAM

I have tried adding the second line to the script that launches discretizer but it does not work any better. I found files in /opt called .bashrc-CAE and .bashrc-OpenFOAM. I have created the second file in my /opt directory with identical contents. For the most part . /opt/.bashrc-CAE does not seem to have anything to do directly with discretizer or openfoam. There is one line for openfoam but it is commented out.

I am now able to run at least some simulations created in CAElinux for Openfoam using discretizer and copied over to the clean 8.04 installation. The most significant problem I now have is the inability to import any type of mesh to discretizer. When I select which type of mesh to import, discretizer crashes immediately (this is on the clean install of 8.04).

Has anybody come across this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds