MED file in Code-Saturne, error when check mesh

• hooman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #4723 by hooman
Hi,
I tried to export an MED file into Code-Saturn using the GUI. However when I import export the file into saturne and I check the mesh I get an error that says:

Error in ECS execution ======================

/usr/local/Code_Saturne/v2.0rc/installer/ecs-2.0.0-rc1/src/pre-post/ecs_pre.c:378: Fatal error.

Mesh file "/home//Documents/PH" does not have a known extension. A keyword is required to determine the format in this case.

Call stack 1: 0x48cca6 ? (?) 2: 0x7fee4ede4721 (libbft.so.1) 3: 0x42f71a (cs_preprocess) 4: 0x427007 ? (?) 5: 0x429588 (cs_preprocess) 6: 0x42b206 (cs_preprocess) 7: 0x7fee4d6a6a7d (libc.so.6) 8: 0x424e99 ? (?) End of stack

cs_preprocess: /usr/local/Code_Saturne/v2.0rc/installer/ecs-2.0.0-rc1/src/util/ecs_def.c:149: ecs_loc_def__error_handler: Assertion `0' failed.

Do you have any idea why this could be?

Many Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hooman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #4725 by hooman
I tried to upload the file again and I got this error:

/usr/local/Code_Saturne/v2.0rc/cs-2.0-rc1/bin/cs_preprocess: error while loading shared libraries: libmedC.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• hooman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #4726 by hooman
I tried to upload the file again and I got this error:

/usr/local/Code_Saturne/v2.0rc/cs-2.0-rc1/bin/cs_preprocess: error while loading shared libraries: libmedC.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

More
13 years 6 months ago #4730 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:MED file in Code-Saturne, error when check mesh
Just to clarify my first post: in principle you need to make sure that the path and the environment are setup properly to run code saturne in caelinux.

But if you launch a terminal from the menu 'Applications > Caelinux > Code-saturne terminal' the environment should already be set correctly.

Moreover, if you use the GUI, all environment variables should also be Ok.

If you run a standard terminal or are in doubt, you can set a proper enviroment for code saturne by executing the following command (it only applies to the current terminsl):
[code:1]. /opt/.bashrc-Saturne[/code:1]

Concerning the error message: could you post the med mesh somewhere, so I can test it from my reference installation?

PS: Be carefull, the version of Saturne compiled in CAELinux 2010 uses the all the libraries from Salome-Meca, so you should not delete or alter the Salome-Meca installation.

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

• hooman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #4738 by hooman
Hi Thank you for your response.

Just to clarify I'm not running Saturne in caelinux.

I managed to use the command check_mesh to check the mesh so now I have the check_mesh.med file. Although I am new to saturne and I would like to use the GUI first. But as soon as I open the Saturne GUI I also get the error:

XML file reading error. This file is not in accordance with XML specifications. Please correct it and verify it with XMLcheck tool.

Do you have any idea what the error is about.

Also I just found out that I am not longer able to check the mesh using the command line. I have also tried other files but was not able to do it. I think I am back to the same error.

I have also tried other meshes so I don't think the problem is the mesh. I tried to attach the file let me know if it's worked please. [file]

Thanks again!<br /><br />Post edited by: hooman, at: 2010/09/16 14:35
Attachments:

• hooman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #4739 by hooman
<br /><br />Post edited by: hooman, at: 2010/09/16 14:34
Attachments:

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds