Code-Saturne v2.0 rc-1 start

• hooman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #4715 by hooman
Code-Saturne v2.0 rc-1 start was created by hooman
Hi,

I have just started using Code-Saturne. I know that for the 1.3.3 version you need to type:
. /opt/Code_Saturne/Noyau/ncs-1.3.3/ncs-1.3.3/bin/cs_profile

So that the scripts of Code Saturne work properly. Now I need to know what exactly should be done with Code_Saturne version 2.0.0-rc1.

Thanks you in advance,

Hooman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4718 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re:Code-Saturne v2.0 rc-1 start
Newer versions of C_Saturne install itself into the system, so running scripts/sourcing paths etc. isn't necessary. You just have to make sure /usr/local/bin is available in your PATH and 'ldconfig' know to search '/usr/local/lib/'

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

• hooman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #4720 by hooman
Replied by hooman on topic Re:Code-Saturne v2.0 rc-1 start
Thanks.
I found that one must update the path by adding the following line in their .profile:

export PATH={prefix}/bin:$PATH

prefix= where saturne is intalled. Is this the same concept as what you mentioned?

Can you please tell me what .profile is. I don't seem to have it.
(I'm sorry if the questions sound really stupid..)

I have basically got an MED file from Salome and am trying to export that into Code-Saturne.

Many Thanks.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4721 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re:Code-Saturne v2.0 rc-1 start
Your PATH environment variable is either located in your:

~/.bashrc
or
~/.bash_profile
or
~/.profile

file, depending on your setup. You can just add the 'export' command at the end of .bashrc - that's what I mostly do.

PATH=$PATH:/home/user/folder/bin ;export PATH

the prefix depends on where you installed CS - system-wide or in a specified folder.

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

• hooman
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #4722 by hooman
Replied by hooman on topic Re:Code-Saturne v2.0 rc-1 start
Thanks alot. I'm still confused about the export thing. So I assumed like you said there is no need to update the path with this version.

Then I tried to export my MED file using the GUI. However when I import export the file into saturne and I check the mesh I get an error that says:

Error in ECS execution ======================

/usr/local/Code_Saturne/v2.0rc/installer/ecs-2.0.0-rc1/src/pre-post/ecs_pre.c:378: Fatal error.

Mesh file "/home//Documents/PH" does not have a known extension. A keyword is required to determine the format in this case.

Call stack 1: 0x48cca6 ? (?) 2: 0x7fee4ede4721 (libbft.so.1) 3: 0x42f71a (cs_preprocess) 4: 0x427007 ? (?) 5: 0x429588 (cs_preprocess) 6: 0x42b206 (cs_preprocess) 7: 0x7fee4d6a6a7d (libc.so.6) 8: 0x424e99 ? (?) End of stack

cs_preprocess: /usr/local/Code_Saturne/v2.0rc/installer/ecs-2.0.0-rc1/src/util/ecs_def.c:149: ecs_loc_def__error_handler: Assertion `0' failed.

Do you have any idea why this could be?

Many Thanks!

More
13 years 7 months ago #4724 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:Code-Saturne v2.0 rc-1 start
Hi,

In CAElinux 2010, you have a special Code-Saturne terminal that can be launched from CAElinux application menu. In this terminal all the paths and environment variables are set to use Saturne directly.
If you want to set the variables manually, have a look at the script /opt/.bashrc-Saturne.

If I remember well, to use CS from command line, the is only one command "code_saturne" with numerous options.
Try code_saturne --help to see how to use it.

Considering your mesh, what is its file name extension? it should be named something.med to be recognized properly.

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds