Use of Radiative transfer module in code saturne

• Alicia
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4068 by Alicia
Hi all,

I'd like to run a calculation with CS taking into account radiative transfer. Do I need a mesh in a specific format to do so ?

In fact I already ran a calculation without the influence of radiative transfer, and I'd like to run one with radiative transfer, to compare both and analyze the effects of radiative transfer.

I tried running exactly the same calculation in both cases, with the same mesh, and one using the radiative transfer (with usray1.F and usray2.F). When running the simulation with radiative transfer, I get the following error message : " connectivite faces->sommets ou coordonnees noeuds->sommets ne sont pas fournies", and the calculation is not run.

Does someone here has an idea about what I should do ?

Alicia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #4070 by Matthew Bondy
Replied by Matthew Bondy on topic Re:Use of Radiative transfer module in code saturne
OpenFOAM might be worth exploring. I really like Code Saturne, it definitely has a very nice GUI but OpenFOAM is from the UK, has quite a following on that big CFD forum, and has all kinds of capabilities. I dont know if it can include radiative heat transfer but since it has some combustion capabilities I assume it can.

Good luck,
- Matt Bondy

More
14 years 2 days ago #4129 by Yvan Fournier
Replied by Yvan Fournier on topic Re:Use of Radiative transfer module in code saturne
Hello,

You seem to have happened upon a bug in Code_Saturne version 1.4 which was also signaled recently by another user on another Forum.

A test which was applicable in version 1.3 was not removed in version 1.4 where it should have, so you'll simply need to use the attached version of rayopt.F (either simply placing it with you user subroutines, or replacing the on in Code_Saturne's src/rayt directory and recompling/reinstalling the code).

This bug was corrected around july 2009, so it should not appear in version 2.0.

Best regards,

Yvan

Post edited by: Yvan Fournier, at: 2010/04/17 00:44<br /><br />Post edited by: Yvan Fournier, at: 2010/04/17 00:46
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 days ago #4130 by Yvan Fournier
Replied by Yvan Fournier on topic Re:Use of Radiative transfer module in code saturne
The attachment seemed to be missing in my previous post. Here it is.

Attachment rayopt-64c198108fa0571a3596b17f9644d130.gz not found

Attachments:

• Alicia
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #4255 by Alicia
Hi all !

I didn't try yet to use the patch you gave me, so I don't know if it works (as soon as I try I let you know the outcome).

I would like to know if any of you could give me a tutorial (or the detail of a case you ran successfully) for a calculation with radiation. I can't find any on all the forums and wiki dedicated to saturne (or even fluent).

What I would like is to test the radiative transfer module of saturne on a test case for which I have many elements of input (to set the problem correctly) &amp; output (to compare the results), thus I could run my proper cases using this module knowing that what I'm doing is correct !

Thanks a lot for the help

Alicia

• Alicia
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #4256 by Alicia
Hello !

I finally managed to find a tutorial for modelling radiation and natural convection with fluent, which I used with code saturne.

For the tutorial the mesh used is a mesh given in the Fluent distribution, so I created one myself (almost exactly the same as the one used in the tutorial), but instead of just a wall I have a box (which I need for the calculation with saturne). Running the calculation without the use of radiative tranfer module (only taken into account the effects of natural convection) does not present any problem, but when I want to consider the radiation effects, using the discrete ordinates method, I get an error on the mesh :

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@
@ @@ ATTENTION : RAYONNEMENT : ERREUR A L'ENTREE DES DONNEES
@ *********
@ LES CONNECTIVITES FACES -&gt; SOMMETS OU LES COORDONNEES
@ DES NOEUDS SOMMETS NE SONT PAS FOURNIS
@
@ Le module rayonnement est active mais les noeuds sommets
@ ou les connectivites faces -&gt; sommets n'ont pas ete
@ fournis au noyau.
@
@ NNDOD = 0
@ LNDFAC = 0
@ LNDFBR = 0
@
@ Le calcul ne sera pas execute.
@
@ Verifier si le fichier geomet contient bien les
@ connectivites faces -&gt; sommets si IFOENV = 0.
@ mpirun noticed that job rank 0 with PID 24790 on node tsl-ordi6 exited on signal 15 (Terminated).

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I tried using the patch you gave me, but it does not work either (I get a compile error when I put it in my src directory with the user subroutines). I'm using the version 1.3.3 of code saturne.
I attach the xml file, as well as the error file and the listing file.

Do you have any idea what I should do to avoid this problem ?

I created the mesh with salome version 4.1.4.

Thanks a lot !

Attachment files_radiation.gz not found

Alicia
Attachments:

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds