The forum is in read only mode.

Electric Field in Code Saturne

• Martin Splettstößer
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 11 months ago #2082 by Martin Splettstößer
Electric Field in Code Saturne was created by Martin Splettstößer
Hi!
I started working with Code Saturne about a month ago. Now I would like to test the electric module by just simulating the electric field in a simple cylinder (one side anode, other side cathode).
Could anyone tell me how to use the electric module without simulating any flow (deactivating the flow solver???).
It seems that Code Saturne won't use the uselcl.F with NMODPP=0...
Thanks,

Martin
More
15 years 11 months ago #2092 by David Monfort
Replied by David Monfort on topic Re:Electric Field in Code Saturne
Hi!

I think you have already been answered by Code_Saturne support, but here is the response, just in case someone would be interested too

You can a run a simulation with Code_Saturne without solving the Navier-Stokes equations (velocity and pressure) and the turbulence. In order to activate this option, you have to set the ICCVFG variable to 1 in the usini1.F file (and more precisely in the USIPSU subroutine). It should be noted that the scalars (temperature, electric fields, user scalars, ...) will be solved, contrary to velocity and turbulence.

This option can be used either in a first run (then the velocity field should be provided by the user in the usiniv.F subroutine, or it will be equal to zero), or in a sequel run (then the velocity field will be obtained from the previous run).

David
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds