Saturne example mesh

More
15 years 11 months ago #1930 by Claus
Saturne example mesh was created by Claus
After completing the Code Saturne tutorials case 1/2/3/4/5 - im left with even more questions about CFD. BUT! one thing that could help me reverse-engineer the tutorials is, if I could read the mesh-files - so how do it convert the .des files into something I can load in Salome mesh-module; .unv .med or .dat?

Is there any recommendable litterature I can read about CFD - from the very beginning - definition of boundies etc. Much of this basic stuff is skipped in the tutorials.

Thx :)

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1989 by David Monfort
Replied by David Monfort on topic Re:Saturne example mesh
To beginning with, a very good reference for a start in CFD is:
Computational Method for Fluid dynamics , by Ferziger and Peric. It goes from the Navier-Stokes equations to more engineer stuff, and describes mainly (but not only) the finite volume method which is used in Code_Saturne.

As for the meshes, you might convert the files to MED format (that can be loaded into Salomé) with Code_Saturne Preprocessor, but I am not sure if you can re-mesh afterwards. The command to be used is the following:
[code:1]ecs -mesh your_mesh -med[/code:1]
where ecs is the Code_Saturne Preprocessor.

Cheers,
David<br /><br />Post edited by: David Monfort, at: 2008/05/15 01:31

More
15 years 10 months ago #1994 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re:Saturne example mesh
Thx - thankfully I've moved beyond that - I've figured out how to create the appropriate mesh groups and initialize the solver. But thx a bunch! :)

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds