The forum is in read only mode.

Update

• Carlos
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #7390 by Carlos
Update was created by Carlos
Hi all,
I have install Caelinux 2013 from the first relesed files and all is working fine.
Now every time there is an update, the Cae repository (the kent.dl.source....) is rejected with:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Requires installation of untrusted packages

The action would require the installation of packages from unauthenticated sources.
Details:
caelinux-apt-sources code-aster-11.3-mpi discretizer elmerfem-caelinux helyx-os openblas-caelinux openfoam211-caelinux openfoam220-caelinux paraviewopenfoam3120-caelinux
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I guess I my have a key missing, or outdated.

My installation is Ubuntu 1204 on AMD 64

If I am doing something wrong or if there is a solution, will appresiate any help.

Thanking you in advance,
Carlos.
More
10 years 3 months ago #7392 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re: Update
Hi

You have to update the package repository:
First, edit /etc/apt/sources.list and remove the line with kent.dl.SourceForge.net.

then follow the first three steps described there:

sourceforge.net/projects/caelinux/files/dists/

Afterwards, all updates should install seamlessly.

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com
More
10 years 3 months ago #7395 by ANGELO GRECO
Replied by ANGELO GRECO on topic Re: Update
Hello ,

Thank you very much again for this new release.
I have also the same problem despite the fact that I followed the readme on sourceforge.
I have this message
GPG error: downloads.sourceforge.net 2013 Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 3D10E8043D501626 CAELinux Admin <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Do you know what I did wrong.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards
  • Carlos
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #7399 by Carlos
Replied by Carlos on topic Re: Update
Hi Joël,

Thanks a lot. Now it goes ok.

By the way, in the beginning with Ubuntu 1204 and Unity, I was disappointed and looking for the menus we have always had.
I have to admit that after using Unity for more than a year at home and work, when I take a machine without it I really miss it a lot. Once you tune the launcher and add Cairo dock, working is very fast and efficient.

Thank you for your work and effort.
Carlos.
More
10 years 2 months ago #7414 by jerier
Replied by jerier on topic Re: Update
Hello,

I have installed Caelinux 2011, and after an upgrade to 12.04. many of softwares seem to not work.
So I would like to upgrade my Caelinux version. Howerver I don't understand this instruction:

5) install your caelinux packages using
sudo apt-get install name-of-the-package

To upgrade my version to Caelinux2013, I have to replace name-of-the-package by what ?

Thanks in advance for your help !!!

Regards
More
6 years 10 months ago #9029 by giuseppe
Replied by giuseppe on topic Re: Update
hello guys, i installed CAELinux (xubuntu 12.04) 2 years ago and i tried to update it several times but everytime different components and programs, like the terminal and OPEN Foam, didn't work. I don't remember well but there was a problem in a .bash file because some usefull packages were deleted in the lastest version and the system couldn't work properly. Do you know if this kind of problem persist?
Thanks guys!
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds