We are proud today to announce the new release of CAELinux 2018, which is based on Xubuntu 16.04 and contains a full suite of open source simulation tools for FEA, CFD or multiphysics simulation but also a large panel of other engineering software for CAD-CAM & 3D printing, electronics, mathematics & programming.
CAELinux 2018 represents a complete rebuild of the distribution that started in 2017 with up-to-date software and we hope that you will enjoy it. This release is available as usual in the form of an liveDVD ISO image for AMD/Intel 64 bit CPUs that can be burned on a DVD or installed on a USB key for "mobile" use and testing and then installed on hard-disk for best performance.
For downloads: caelinux.sourceforge.net
More details: CAELINUX 2018 release notes (forum)
- LiveDVD distribution based on Xubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit with XFCE lightweight desktop
- Available as an installable ISO image for DVD/USB flash drive; ready to use on laptop, workstations or even clusters (with OpenMPI)
- Runs directly from the DVD or from USB key without any installation
- For best performance: installation to hard disk with the simple Ubuntu installer
- Offers a complete platform for open source engineering development: Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) and simulation (CAE, FEA / CFD), electronics design, scientific computing, programming and mathematical modelling
- CAD/CAM & 3D printing: Freecad, OpenSCAD, LibreCad, Pycam, Camotics, dxf2gcode & Slic3r
- FEA, CFD & multiphysic simulation: Code-Aster, Code-Saturne, OpenFOAM, Elmer FEM, Calculix, Impact FEM, MBDyn
- Meshing, pre-post, & visualization: Salome-Meca, Paraview, Helyx-OS, Elmer GUI, Tetgen, CGX, GMSH, VoxelMesher
- Electronic design and prototyping: KiCad, Arduino, Flatcam, dxf2gcode / cadpy for PCB isolation milling.
- Scientific & development tools: Python / Scipy with Spyder, GNU Octave, R, Scilab, wxMaxima, Qt Creator, gcc, gfortran, java, g++, perl, tcl/tk