[SOLVED] I can't install the proprietary driver for my graphics card.

• Helio C
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #9299 by Helio C
Dear Mr. Cugnoni,

I did as instructed with some minor modifications noted below:

1) download the driver on Nvidia.com (NVIDIA-340.104, 2017)
2) close your session
3) ctrl+alt+f1 to open a text terminal
4) login in the terminal and type
sudo services lightdm stop (changed to 'systemctl stop lightdm' after an internet search)
4.1) sudo modprobe -r nouveau (to stop the nouveau module barring the installation, as signed by the messages of failed attempts and recommended by the NVIDIA instructions)

5) cd Downloads
6) chmod a+x nvidia... (The driver file that you downloaded)
7) sudo ./nvidia...
(Here the process hangs after giving the message 'done' and I could not get out without a hard reboot, which resulted in nothing being installed)
Follow the process and then reboot with
sudo reboot

I don't know how to fix from now. Attached is the 'log'.

I will try a complete reinstallation of CAELinux 2017 as soon as possible to try to include the NVIDIA driver before any 'nouveau ' module being included.

Could you give me any more option? I am running in a Dell laptop somewhat old, Core i5.

Thank you very much in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Helio C
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #9505 by Helio C
Dear colleagues,

My problem was, indeed, a very old notebook (more than 7 years).

After updating my machine and installing the 2018 version of CAELinux, the reported errors were solved.

Thank you very much.

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #10254 by Kavop
<a href="www.flipupdates.com/13377x/">13377x is a popular website that allows users to download movies, TV shows, games, software, and music torrents. The website has been in operation for more than a decade and is one of the most popular torrent websites on the internet. The website has a simple user interface, making it easy for users to navigate and find the torrents they are looking for. In this article, we will explore 13377x in more detail and look at some of the features that make it such a popular choice among torrent users.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds