Although seriously delayed, we are pleased to announce our new release CAELinux 2013
CAELinux 2013 is based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit distribution and contains a unique suite of open source simulation tools for FEA, CFD or multiphysics simulation but also a large panel of other engineering software for CAD-CAM & 3D printing, electronics, mathematics & programming . CAELinux 2013 represents a complete rebuild of the distribution with up-to-date software for a better support of modern hardware and a significantly enhanced ease of use, and we hope that you will enjoy it.
This release is available in the form of an liveDVD ISO image for AMD/Intel 64 bit CPUs that can be burned on a DVD or installed on a USB key for "mobile" use and testing and then installed on hard-disk for best performance. A virtual machine image for use on Amazon EC2 (standard and cluster instances) is also available.
Interested ? Get your copy of CAELinux 2013 here
The features / programs included in CAELinux 2013 distribution are the following:
- LiveDVD distribution based on Xubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit with a customized XFCE desktop
- Runs directly from the DVD or from USB key without any installation
- Optional installation to hard disk with the simple Ubuntu installer
- Offers a complete platform for open source engineering development: Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) and simulation (CAE, FEA / CFD), electronics design, scientific computing, programming and mathematical modelling
- CAD / CAM : Salome, Freecad and OpenSCAD (3D parametric CAD), LibreCad, SagCad (2D CAD), PyCAM, GCAM, dxf2gcode, OpenSCAM (CAM g-code generators & simulation), CURA (3D printing)
- CAE, FEA, CFD & multiphysics simulation: Salome_Meca 2013.1, Code-Aster 11.3, Code-Saturne 3.0, OpenFOAM 2.1.1, Elmer 6.2, Calculix 2.6, Impact FEM, MBDyn (all parallel codes)
- Pre/post processing packages: Paraview 3.10.2, Discretizer, EnGrid 1.4, Helyx-OS, Elmer GUI, Netgen, Tetgen, CGX, GMSH v2.5, Salome v.6., Meshlab
- Electronic design and prototyping: GEDA suite, KiCad, Fritzing, Arduino, dxf2gcode / cadpy for PCB isolation milling.
- Offers many scientific & development tools like GNU Octave (+ QtOctave GUI ), R & Rkward, Scilab, wxMaxima, Scipy & Spyder IDE, Qt Creator, gcc, gfortran, g++, python, perl, tcl/tk, ruby compilers,
- Scientific writing and office tools: Latex , Texmaker , Lyx , LibreOffice, Gimp, Inkscape, Jabref